Voyage

4:33 PM Prueba 0 Comments

"There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign"

Hello my beloved readers,
I hope you are having a great week preparing for school... Unless you are already back.
If that's the case, I wish you a great easy and fun start of term!
I'm feeling a bit cornball because the summer holidays are close to come to an end, however I'm excited for this new year and change of season that is about to happen as well.
Summer is all about reborn... It's about feeling breezy and young.
And taking advantage of it all, before it get's crashed by the oppulence and exhilarating energy of the fall, I went for a stroll in the park on this beautiful hot sunny day to soak in the remainings of vitamine D and enjoy my beautiful city.
This is one of the things I've discovered I like the most to do on weekends.
Just go to a place and promenad around, discovering little bistrots or coffe shops, enjoying a cup of fresh fruit, (the perks of living in a semi-tropical country) and sedately absorbe its particular energie. I personally think that this is the only way to really get to know a place. I've done it in Berlin, London, Paris and NYC appart from my own hometown and I trully feel that the essence of this places grow inside you, once you wander without direction or schedule.
So I hit it off with my brother and father and had a great relaxing day wearing this beautiful caftan that perfectly personifies this feeling of freedom I wrote about before.
My new mules are the perfect type of shoe to comfortably dance, stroll, run around (after my brother) for hours and still look beautiful.
To complement the asian exotic vibe I needed a statement necklace, because you know that everything from a White T to even this emebellished blouse gets and upgrade with a statement necklace; so I chose this beauty from Sachi Accesorios to go along.
As the vintage touch I picked up my flawless, 40's, red leather Aries boxy bag with bamboo handles that used to belong to my grandmother.
There's a very interesting story about this particular handles. In World War two, when all the metal was being collected for the arms industry, the big fashion houses were left without resources to complete their leather bags and put sturdy handles, so the Italians came up with the idea of ​​using bamboo, a hollow and resistant plant which is actually an abundant resource.
So these bags, which have now become very popular and are now returning to fashion, are rather a milestone in its history caused by necessity.
Amazing how the idea of something so beautiful can be born of lack and despair.
If I ever travel to india or somewhere in asia or the middle east I will for sure pack this entire look!
It somehow reminds me a bit of Morocco, don't you think...?
Where would you like to go? Or where have you been that has left you in love with it's energy?










Sunnies/ Rayban
Caftan/ My Vintage Armoire
Necklace/ Sachi Accesorios
Bag/ Aries
Shoes/ C&A
Lipstick/ NARS
Watch/Pertegaz

Xoxo, RWPF

0 comentarios: